[Magdalen] DX: Humiliation by Fainting

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon May 4 12:52:22 UTC 2015

I fainted at a Midnight Christmas service when I was 7-8 years old singing in
the M&B choir at Christ Church, Lynbrook. I awoke in the sacristy as the
preacher droned on through an overly long (for a midnight service!) sermon.  The
Music director who had lifted me out of the pew and carried me to the sacristy
joked that he wished he could have gone out for a nap during that sermon as well
<g>.

By the time my Dad picked me up around 1 AM or maybe later, he had no reason to
drive around looking at the Christmas Lights as I fell asleep in the car, so he
could get me to bed without seeing that Santa had already come (no Christmas
decorations inside the house until Christmas Eve and us kids weren't;t allowed
to see anything until Christmas morning.

Cheers,
Jim