[Magdalen] TECnical question

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon May 4 15:14:34 UTC 2015

I would imagine that many acronyms pose the kind of grammar problem problems
you envision Roger.  An acronym, once entered into the vocabulary pool
looses it's 'proper grammatical identity' among those who use it most often.
I might add, to impose grammar rules upon most acronyms as though it was its
own longer 'name' would be a misplaced intention. (IMNSHO...)

PECUSA was the original acronym before it was changed to TEC... I'm not too
sure the former was spoken aloud much, but did appear in print among
Episcopalians. TEC seems to lend itself more to being spoken aloud, and so
it is.

The back and forth between the US  Church and the 'mother church' on issues
of the prayer book are much more well deserved, IMO, than the leap that the
US Church muddies the waters by using the word 'episcopal'.  In the bigger
picture the word Episcopal is much more 'informative' of a church body than
is the word Anglican (if used in isolation), after all....

my .02
Lynn

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com