[Magdalen] TECnical question

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon May 4 15:50:39 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/4/2015 9:44:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
f.von-prondzynski at rgu.ac.uk writes:

Churches are beginning to get into this game, and as far as I  can tell the
US Episcopal Church is amongst the more serious offenders. My  strong
advice is to stop it.>>>>

I guess you have no familiarity with USA Lutherans.  They  invented
the term, "alphabet soup" to describe their heavy usage of acronyms
for the synods into which they are hopelessly fractured.

Currently in the USA there are:

(1) The ELCA = Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
(2) The LCMS = Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
(3) The WELS = Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
(4) The ELS = the Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
(5) The CLC = the Church of the Lutheran Confession.
(6) The CLB = the Church of the Lutheran Brethren.

These stem from Scandinavian (mostly Norwegian) and
German ethnic groups with varying degrees of conservatism.

David Strang.