[Magdalen] Today's Google Doodle?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue May 5 04:57:11 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/5/2015 12:30:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lesleymdv at gmail.com writes:

It is,  after all, already Tuesday afternoon here.  >>>>>

I recall my only really long distance travel to Japan.  The  flight
from Dulles in Washington, DC (All Nippon) took 14 hours.   There'
were something like five meals served and five movies shown.

 When
we exited the plane (a 747) at Narita (Tokyo) we were so  disoriented we
hardly functioned.  Luckily, the Kintetsu people who also own  the
airline and the hotels, picked us up, and delivered us to the hotel  for
a little sleep.  Upon awakening from maybe five hours sleep, we  were
good to go.

I think the presence of CNN in the hotel rooms helped prevent the
sense of further disorientation.

I don't know how people endure those 24 hour trips that at least used
to be common to, say, India.

David Strang.