[Magdalen] US Allergy sufferers...help!

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:35:09 UTC 2015

I'm looking for a non-Benadryl answer to daily hives breakouts. I know the
answer is a visit to an allergist, but for now I'm trying 1 Zyrtec + 1
Zantac (the latter is an antacid but also a different level of
antihistamine), with a Benadryl at noon if they're flaring up again. The
affliction is not horrible; it just looks bad if I let it happen and feels
a little scratchy. Not worth a vast regimen of allergist tests, so I'm not
inclined to enter into that. But I guess an allergist visit wouldn't hurt
and might steer me toward thinking about what might be triggering hives and
how I might manage them. Raw tomatoes are a definite trigger, and the hives
are livable enough that if I really want to eat a BLT, I can do so and live
with the results.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA