[Magdalen] Today's Google Doodle?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue May 5 17:25:11 UTC 2015

> sarcastically (teenager that I was who could not believe we had gone from
> 'missals' to monthly, paper throw-away booklets for church) yes, indeed
> (and not in a prayerful way).

For some of us, we watched that very closely, as the paper"throwaway" missals
became a great resource for editing the ICET/ICEL language of our Rite II to
aggressively inclusive language -- maybe one or two changes each edition. They
had even fixed the Nicene Creed to restore the nature of the Holy Spirit as
sex-- neutral, as it was in our 1928 and before.

But then, Rome and some of the henchmen in the US Council of Bishops cracked
down in a pretty big way, and that was that.

But for about 3-4 years those missals were really worth looking at carefully!

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie