[Magdalen] Today's Google Doodle?

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue May 5 17:45:06 UTC 2015

Mr. Christofori invented the hammer mechanism that essentially created the
piano. Up to his invention, it was "harpsichords all the way down..."

The piano is playing (argh, so badly)  the famous theme from "Herz und Mund
and That und Leben."

I had to go to the link from the cartoon to figure this out.  I knew some
guy invented the piano, and it was just coming into its own in Bach's time,
sorta, but I didn't know the name of the inventor.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford