[Magdalen] trying to sell my house

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:13:02 UTC 2015

Every realtor and professional moving company I have ever dealt with has had comments of incredulity about the presence of books. This would have included my own several moves and my moms as well. That people can be so amazed and at the same time seemingly ignorant about the culture of people who treasure books says more about them than "us".
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 6, 2015, at 5:59 AM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:
>

> It's hard enough to sell a house, and harder still to do a massive downsize WITH renovations, and then with all the emotional load... May you come through >these murky turbulent waters into a  pool of clarity and peace.

Well, at least all the new bookcases can cover some of those ugly holes in the wall <g>

Seriously, pray for those who moved out before you as they went through the same trauma. The couple we purchased the co-opfrominBrooklyn were both college professors. I thought the singlebookcase was starnge, until a neighbor later told us they had hired a dumpster and discarded a full load, including thousands of books. We learned their Real Estate Agent had told them "Nobody buys a place where there's so much clutterofbooks." I would have fired any agent who told me that.

Cheers,
Jim