[Magdalen] Today's Google Doodle?

Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com
Wed May 6 20:52:13 UTC 2015

Before plaintiff and I got married we had to speak with her Ukrainian
Catholic priest.  He was questioning both of us with a clearly uotdated,
pre-VatII questionnaire.  Of course, plaintiff's questions were first.  I
sat there hoping I could get through my questions without laughing.

Stern Priest turned on his ancient office chair and started asking me
questions.  I could hardly stand it.  Near the end he asked "Are you now or
have you ever been a Mason?"  Without skipping a beat I said "No, but I've
done a lot of home canning."  Plaintiff froze and kicked my shin.  Stern
priest and ornery dude stared at each other.  Stern priest turned to
plaintiff and said "You better watch this one..."

+++
Grace & peace,
Deacon Jon Egger

*“In every age it has been the tyrant, the oppressor and the exploiter who
has wrapped himself in the cloak of patriotism, or religion, or both to
deceive and overawe the People."(Eugene V. Debs, Anti-War Speech, June 16,
1918) *