[Magdalen] trying to sell my house

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sat May 9 15:11:12 UTC 2015

Wow, two nibbles so quickly!  I'm impressed!

I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but we have had to
postpone the 'For Sale' sign until May 21 and go with the 'Coming Soon'
that was put on the lawn yesterday.  The garage is amazingly empty
compared to formerly, but still a way to go there (into the dumpster!).
The house, too, has turned a corner.  Kevin still has the kitchen to
tackle and half the living room.  Jim has taken more than 40 boxes to
his locked shed along with endless framed artwork (how did so much
accummulate?????), so the pod is way bigger than was needed.  I thought
more big furniture would go in it, but one large hand-me-down from my
daughter is at the curb along with the big TV it housed (no nibbles
yet).  Only a loveseat is in it and a million bookcases and Rubbermaid
containers.

Oy!  The grass needs cutting.

  I have moved on from the overwrought weepy days of earlier, so that is
a positive sign.  At singing on Wednesday, we rehearsed Moses Hogan's
'Hear my prayer' and wept through it, unable to croak out more than a
note or two.  Its sweet simple beauty and sentiment always gets me, but
this was way too close to home.  Like Billy Joel's ' And so it goes'
after Jim left, it was a year before I could sing it at all.  Going to
an Orpheus Choir concert tonight with friends and that will be a lovely
break.

Prayers for all of us in the housing game.

Marion, a pilgrim