[Magdalen] trying to sell my house

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat May 9 17:22:56 UTC 2015

From: Molly Wolfmama

>A couple went through here this morning.  They want a Victorian house, but one
>that requires no work.  They don't like my basement, which has low (that is,
> >Victorian) head space.  Victorians were shorter than we are.

Had that problem on stairs and basement in our house on Panama Street in
Philadelphia -- the front part of the house (a traditional Trinity) was build in
1815, and I had to duck hither and yon on the steps up and down.

None of us exactly remember the Victorian era first had -- but I bet many of us
experienced the 1950s. If you ever get to Vermont, I strongly urge everyone
**here** of a certain age (and you know who you are!) to be sure to visit the
1950s house at the Shelburne Museum just south of Burlington. I guarantee that a
sea of memories will well up inside. You'll revert -- for a few minutes at
least -- to your old seven year-old self.

Cheers,
Jim