[Magdalen] MRI

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu May 14 04:26:03 UTC 2015

I had an MRI of my shoulder this evening, and it was definitely not fun! It's been several years since I'd had one, and although they have improved the machines, my tolerance for the procedure seems to have diminished. The position my shoulder was in was incredibly painful, so the whole thing seemed interminable, though it was actually only about 20 minutes.
The very slight bright spot was the music they played through the headphones. I requested classical, and though I could only hear bits and pieces of it in between the times the machine was doing its thing, I recognized all the pieces and amused myself by mentally filling in the blank spaces. There was a Scarlatti sonata, a "Gymnopedie" by Satie, a movement of the Beethoven violin Concerto and--I think--one of Vaughan Williams' English folk song arrangements. They would have sounded better without the background noise, though!