[Magdalen] Derailment, Please Pray

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu May 14 18:03:18 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/14/2015 12:38:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

Frankford El.>>>>

Frankford is actually the English equivalent of Frankfurt in  German.
Having
lived in Frankfurt/Main, Germany for 3+ years, I always assumed that
the "furt" was equivalent to "fort", but it isn't so.  Before Napoleon  got
through with them, Frankfurt/M had the most impressive fortifications  in
Germany.

The Franks, the dominant Germanic tribe in the Medieval period, used
that section to ford the Main River.

David Strang  -  Recalling the fun of standing on the steps  of Banz Abbey
and looking over the Main Valley to the "twin" Shrine of the Fourteen
Helpers.
This is said to be the "ancestral home" of the Franks.

"France" is derived from "Franks", and, typically, King Clovis I of  the
Franks spoke only an early Germanic language, and nary a word of
early French.  It was to be a foretaste of things to come.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banz_Abbey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_the_Fourteen_Holy_Helpers