[Magdalen] Derailment, Please Pray

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Fri May 15 07:42:17 UTC 2015

Folks

The "furt" of Frankfurt appears to mean a ford

"The  name of Frankfurt on Main is derived from the Franconofurd of the
Germanic tribe of the Franks; Furt (c.f._._ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cf.)
English ford)  where the river was shallow enough to be crossed by wading.
Alemanni and Franks lived there and by 794 Charlemagne presided over an
imperial assembly and church synod, at which Franconofurd (-furt -vurd) was
first mentioned."  from Wikapedia

Blessings
Martin