[Magdalen] for Christopher

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat May 23 09:53:09 UTC 2015

On 23/05/2015 02:23, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> Oh, I didn't realized they had changed that rule, Eleanor--probably as a result of the great brouhaha in 2003.

I did hear that the New Hampshire election in 2003 was scheduled so that
the confirmation would be at General Convention.  This allowed for the
hearing of evidence in public and close study of the election before the
result was confirmed.

Am I right in thinking that at one time all episcopal elections were
confirmed at General Convention?  That would have had the unfortunate
effect of clumping the filling of dioceses to a relatively short period
every three years.

Roger