[Magdalen] Houston flooding

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue May 26 14:33:36 UTC 2015

Multiple storms coming together over several hundred miles after 9 last night dumped more water and increased damage and peril exponentially

Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On May 26, 2015, at 9:26 AM, Eleanor Braun <eleanor.braun at gmail.com> wrote:

Prayers for those in Texas, Oklahoma and Mexico affected by these storms.

I was reminded of the Memorial Day floods of 1981 in Austin.  It was right
at the end of the legislative session and the Comptroller's Office, where I
worked, was open on the holiday in case some last minute demand came from
the Lege.  Midway through the day one of our staff got a call that his
house on Shoal Creek was flooded, so several of the non-essential staff
went over to this house to help clean up.  There was much damage down on
Lamar Blvd., including the original Whole Foods store.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/austintexasgov/sets/72157626196677382/

My niece lives just east of Austin, and is okay so far, although she had to
detour around a flooded road to get to the grocery store yesterday.

Eleanor