[Magdalen] Le Premier Papillon.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue May 26 16:06:49 UTC 2015

From: Jay Weigel

>We're seeing butterflies here, but are most anxiously awaiting the
>fireflies, which are myriad in our outback. S/O says he saw one at the
>bedroom window the other night, but I have yet to see any.

We used to see a myriad of fireflies when we lived in Lynbrook (fairly dense
suburb(, bot not many when we moved to (then still mostly rural) Smithtown. We
saw butterflies in both places -- as well as Brooklyn for that matter.

But I was always mystified about the lack of fireflies' in Smithtown (we saw a
few in the park in Brooklyn).

Cheers,
Rufus T. Firefly