[Magdalen] Percentage of life during wartime.

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:39:39 UTC 2015

Just saw an interesting article and chart in the Washington Post about the percentage of US citizens' lives have been lived during wartime. For starters, anyone born after 1983 has never lived in a world without war.
But even for my generation, the figures are startling: we've been at war of one kind or another for 43.8% of my life!
The article explains how they define wars and lays out the various conflicts in an interesting graphic, but it's eye opening and rather depressing...