[Magdalen] Ireland

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:38:02 UTC 2015

I mentioned him to Paul Moore one time and he just smiled and said he
always thought of Andy as a closet Episcopalian.

The RCC never could figure out what to do with him, and he would never jump
through the hoops the way the apparatchiks wanted him to.

Wrote some wonderful stuff.

An old anthology of short stories "All About Women" is a collection of just
marvelous gems.

One of his bishops asked him if a particular book was autobiographical.  In
it, if memory serves, the priest and a woman are in a lifelong relationship
that is deeply passionate but generally platonic (not completely).
When Andy said no, the bishop replied thoughtfully, "That's too bad."

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford