[Magdalen] Basso Profundo?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed May 27 03:38:32 UTC 2015

One of the politicians of the early Russian post-Cold War era, whose name I
now forget but he was a general, had a marvelous deep bass speaking voice.
My friend Sheila and I both thought he must be descended from a long line
of choral singers, because with a voice like that, in Russia, he would
almost have to sing. You could tell from the way he spoke that he could not
possibly be a monotone.

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrot