[Magdalen] Spine appt.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 27 13:56:04 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/27/2015 8:14:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

And I  have a small statue of St.Francis meditating, though not in the
lotus  position. He is, however, seated on a lotus  flower!>>>>
As I have mentioned in the past here, I have a 20' tall black lacquer  and
gold Japanese family Buddhist shrine in my vaulted front room, with
Quan Jin ("the Buddhist Virgin Mary") in the top niche, and in the  lower
niche, Buddha on a lotus flower surrounded by a large nimbus.   All this is
a souvenir of a trip to Kanazawa, Japan, where most of these are  made.

At any rate, you can make the images anything you want, for instance
Christ and the Virgin Mary.

There's plenty of room on the lotus blossom.

David Strang.