[Magdalen] Ireland

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 27 15:57:05 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/27/2015 11:11:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

don't  tell them how many RCs we receive into the Anglican Communion  >>>>

I think there are far more Roman Catholics who are disenchanted  with
their church and simply stop attending ANY church.

There was a discussion of this some time back on the DioBeth List,
and the common situation seemed to be dropping out of active
church membership for Roman Catholics, but a continuing belief that
there is THE CHURCH, and any substitute (Protestant, Anglican, etc.)
is just play-church.

As they used to say:  Take a child up through the age of five, and  he/she
is with the (RC) Church forever.

There is some truth in that.

And yes I know everyone knows abundant numbers of ex-RC's who are
active Anglicans.  This doesn't change the very large number who  opt
out for no organized religion.

David Strang.