[Magdalen] Fox screams

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:40:51 UTC 2015

I will never forget the first time I woke up and heard a screech
owl....scared me to death, and I had to wake up completely and process it
before I could figure out what it was, and then it took me awhile before I
could get back to sleep. Now it doesn't bother me so much if I hear it,
because I've filed that sound away in my subconscious. Never heard a fox
scream, though I know we have them hereabouts because I've seen them on
occasion. Usually I don't hear a lot at night in the summer unless I'm out
on the porch, because we have fans going (no a/c). The funniest thing I
hear is when deer trip over things in the outback (they aren't always as
graceful as they look!) and snort in obvious disgust. The best is owls
calling to each other in late winter.