[Magdalen] One thing after another

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:23:47 UTC 2015

Dear ones,

It's been a busy time. Read only if you're interested in the details!

Got back from the Grand Canyon "science" trip (we counted the
population of endangered Kanab Amber Snails at Veseys Paradise, and
removed invasive weeds from a campsite). It was wonderful, and rainy,
and cold! Such a great place to be with good folks - this time
daughter Samantha was along as well. It was fabulous to see her in her
new environment. She is blooming! But not interested in college. Sigh.

The job at GDIT is winding tighter as people leave to go to the group
that won the contract on which we work, or to other jobs altogether.
Those of us who are left are doing more with fewer people and slimmer
resources, meaning longer hours and weekends. It's been a challenge.
Yes, I am looking for a job. Only a few resumes out so far - an
interview this afternoon went well. We'll see.

Sunday is the last day our priest of 42+ years will run the service.
Trinity Sunday at Trinity Church, Washington. It will be a bittersweet
day for Jenks and Molly Hobson, our priest and his wife, and for all
the rest of us. We have a good, solid church of relatively mature
individuals. Mike Mahoney is doing a great job as our Senior Warden.
We have a great Search Committee and a summer supply priest who's
pretty cool - John Kilgore from the Diocese of Missouri (he and his
partner own a retirement farm in our county); he's also a retired
cardiologist. Lots of changes!

Today I took off from the office for a medical procedure - a follow-up
breast sonogram to examine an anomaly; it led to a needle biopsy,
results due back on Tuesday - the day I will be again in
Charlottesville, VA for another medical procedure, removing suspicious
freckles. Of your mercy: prayer pats for serenity in the face of
multiple medical procedures.

The image files for the annual caving photo contest have arrived and
need to be data entered and prepped/anonymized for judging. It's a
process that takes many hours. You can see last year's winners at:
http://caves.org/committee/salons/Slides_2014_Winners.shtml

So all of the above is why I haven't been posting -

hugs anyway - prayers too! - Cady