[Magdalen] Plain Speech.--cat-tails

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sun May 31 03:09:25 UTC 2015

Cat-tails are very valuable plants, for quite a number of reasons.  I
"have" some that I value as individuals, in a small "creek" (I think it
was once one, by the lay of the land) that became a drainage ditch for
the railroad embankment.  The railroad, which was a spur line for a town
depot and the grain elevator, is gone now.  They took up the rails a few
years ago: I would assume that the rails were sold as recycling for
steel, though I don't know--our steel industry is so far gone, maybe
they were shipped to China or something.  At least the Railroad found it
worthwhile to take them up and move them out.  I don't think anybody
will find it worthwhile to destroy the cat-tails for "beautification",
though: we aren't that fancy.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net