[Magdalen] Black Madonnas

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun May 31 17:55:08 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/31/2015 11:19:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu writes:

For  those of you who care, I've posted 2 pictures of black madonnas that I
saw  yesterday in Clermont Ferrand, France. Access is public, so you don't
have  to be my friend; not sure if you do need a Facebook account  yourself,
though.>>>>>

Lucky you.  Clermont Ferrand is one of the few cathedrals in  France
I have not seen.. It is the famous "black" cathedral, being built of  dark
local stone, and except for the towers, always mentioned as a twin
of the cathedral at Limoges which I have seen.

Isn't Clermon Ferrand where our listmember Tony+ lived for a couple  years?

David Strang.