[Magdalen] She's leaving church

Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com
Sun May 31 23:29:13 UTC 2015

Molly,
Be assured of my prayers, Molly.  Since I've 'retired' I struggle with
attending my prior parish.  (It is a hospice church, dying, with a old
congregation that cannot, or will not, look into the future, nor past the
doors. There are also some parishioners there who are in total control of
the church.)   My darling wife and step-daughter LOVE the new parish they
have found and I struggle with simply saying NO to my old parish and
joining Dawn and Bekka in the healthy, outward looking, and awesome parish
they've found.  It's also very difficult for me to simply go out from our
apartment for any lengthy of time over 2 hours.  Thank God that I have a
hospice chaplain and (hopefully new) spiritual director that I can hash
things over with.

+++
Grace & peace,
Deacon Jon Egger

*“In every age it has been the tyrant, the oppressor and the exploiter who
has wrapped himself in the cloak of patriotism, or religion, or both to
deceive and overawe the People."(Eugene V. Debs, Anti-War Speech, June 16,
1918) *