[Magdalen] Time is -- uh ....

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 05:15:06 UTC 2015

In a message dated 11/1/2015 10:42:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kate.conant at gmail.com writes:

We had  10 months of DST in 1974.  I detested going to work in the dark  and
coming home in the dark. (My hours were 8am to 4  pm)>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kate -

You maybe worked in Duluth?  Or Bellingham, WA, or Portland, ME?

I'm not sure the winter sun goes down that early much to the south of
these latitudes.  In NE Pennsylvania, the mid-winter sun goes  down
at about 4:35 PM, which meant that if I got out of the VA at 4:30  PM,
I'd have a small amount of daylight and then twilight for the half  hour
trip up the mountain.  With DST, it would be daylight for the  whole
trip.

David Strang.