[Magdalen] Happy birthday, George!

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Nov 2 17:03:24 UTC 2015

On 11/2/15 9:38 AM, Charles Wohlers wrote:
> Today we celebrate the 200th birthday of George Boole. I’m very surprised that google.com has Day of the Dead, and not George Boole on their home page.
>
> So – raise a glass to George Boole, on whom your computer depends for its very being. Or don’t.
>
> Chad Wohlers
> Woodbury, VT USA
> chadwohl at satucket.com

Those are actually neat, simple crochet patterns on the line, mostly of
the type called "filet crochet" -- the G could be any letter of the
alphabet, worked out on graph paper, for a whole sampler, or a simple
set of that appliqued to a garment, or worked into a garment, or lace
curtains or a curtain edging.  I've taken a screenshot of the google
page, to use for reference in my patterns the next time I want to do
something that uses that sort of thing.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net