[Magdalen] Time is -- uh ....

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 20:36:33 UTC 2015

It would be child's play to make a clock that lost twenty seconds a day --
and a clock that gained twenty seconds a day. Well, child's play if your
daddy was a skilled clockmaker, I guess. You would just have to remember to
switch clocks, or if someone made one clock that did both, flip the switch
from one to the other.

We could also let every city revert to sun time. The mayor's sundial would
be authoritative for the city.

All transportation would use GMT.

God help us if we find life on another planet. We would have a heck of a
time fitting out time systems together....

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford