[Magdalen] Time is -- uh ....

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Nov 2 21:33:16 UTC 2015

Right.  I don't know either (but can imagine, because of the
behind-the-scenes skull sweat of the writers), because it would depend
on the particular requirements of the other planet.  SF writers either
use near neighbor planets, like Mars, whose individual requirements like
rotation and orbital period we _do_ know something about, or make up
their own requirements, and the cause of those requirements, then work
back the other way (or both ways) for the necessary adaptation.  As an
example, read Heinlein's "Podkayne of Mars", in which the Mars-born
human colonists regularly express things like human ages in Martian years.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net