[Magdalen] Our update

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 22:17:48 UTC 2015

Good afternoon! Since it seems there needs to be some GOOD NEWS coming from
San Antonio, I thought I might send an update on an upcoming joyous
occasion in my life:

On Saturday, November 14, Alex and I will have our civil marriage blessed
at St. Paul's Episcopal Church. We will be using the trial liturgy approved
for use by Bishop Lillibridge and the Standing Committee in April of this
year. (Two weeks later, the Dio will switch to using the new trial liturgy
approved by General Convention this past summer.)

We are really excited. My family and friends will be there. Lots of his
family and friends are traveling from Mexico to be here as well. His
parents, siblings, a couple of aunts and uncles as well as numerous friends
will join us. We loved getting married in Santa Fe last May with just us
there but it's going to be even better to have a service in the church with
our loved ones complete with candles, incense, pipe organ and all!
Afterward, we will party the night away in the parish hall with a feast and
a DJ! (My Southern Baptist sister was shocked to learn we would have
alcohol and dancing on church property!)

As far as I know, we will be the first couple in San Antonio to take
advantage of this option. We thought we would be the first in the diocese
but alas there was another ceremony in Corpus Christi back in August.

So, if you would remember us in your prayers, it would be much appreciated!

Peace,

Rick...and Alex
San Antonio