[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 11:52:44 UTC 2015

I am not in recovery but have learned much from people who are, including
what it means to have a lifelong commitment to sobriety.

I am very interested in promoting a discussion, both here and elsewhere in
church life, around how best to support and honour the recovery journey of
those who are that tough road.

If they say it would help them not to have a stack of booze at church
functions or a culture where drinking is a given or a joke, I'm listening.
I'm not analysing the psychology or trying to attach categories to what I
hear, I'm just listening.

Thank you Ann, Molly, Renee and others for being willing to speak out.

I think there might be a difference between church supper where people
bring their own bottle of wine, and one where glasses of wine or beer are
offered or sold.

Sally  D