[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:59:27 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:
> IIRC Advent used offer wine at "coffee hour" back in the 1960s. Certainly
> some of the other Cardinal A-C parishes did -- StPKSt, St Mark's
> Philadelphia, St Clements Philadelphia and St MtV in NYC. I don’t think any
> of them do on Sunday mornings anymore, but I **do** know that wine is
> available at the social hour after evening festival services at StMtV.

We generally have wine and champagne available at gala receptions such
as after the Ascension Day evening Mass. I know there's an
Anglo-Catholic (or maybe just English) tradition of sherry at coffee
hour, and this is still done, I believe, at places like All Saints',
Margaret Street. At St Mary Magdalene, Toronto, one could drop a
toonie in a tin and have a small glass of sherry. Or coffee for a
loonie.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA