[Magdalen] Canada's new government

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 23:09:28 UTC 2015

We had only one post for which there was Democratic opposition *sigh*. The
cost of living in the reddest district in Virginia. However, for one of the
others (House of Delegates) we both wrote in the name of the head of the
local Legal Services office, who is a friend and a Democrat, knows we do
it, and doesn't mind because he figures there's no chance of him winning. I
REALLY wish he'd run for congress, he'd be amazing in Washington. But the
Democrats in this district do a horrible job of supporting their
candidates. I didn't even know until about 3 weeks ago that there was one
running for state senate from here! Once I saw her ads, though, I realized
how good she was. But she lost. Of course.