[Magdalen] Grilled/Broiled Tomatoes.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 18:41:27 UTC 2015

I had a sort of "full English breakfast" this morning, and since  a neighbor
gave us some smallish, last of the season  tomatoes, we grilled/broiled
them.
I'd forgotten how such tomatoes' tart flavor can give another  dimension
to breakfast.  The eggs were farm fresh, collected by a friend who  has
Rhode Island Reds with their characteristic brownish color.

There were no kippers or bangers to go with the mix.  They  are hard to
find here.  Both are available online.  Plain old bacon and  pork sausages
filled that niche.  There were some left over roasted potatoes  grilled
as well.

Fried green tomatoes, indeed.  How about grilled tomatoes for  breakfast?

David Strang.