[Magdalen] Coffee Hour arrangements (was Re: Heather Cook)

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:21:29 UTC 2015

My former parish church was built new in the 1970s after a disastrous near
collapse in the old nave. It was built to be as energy-efficient as
possible at the time. The parish hall, as well as rooms in the lower level,
are in near constant use for various community functions and organizational
meetings. The nave is mostly not heated/cooled to comfort for a crowd
unless there is a service of some sort (this was always a pain if the choir
went upstairs to rehearse something, and was a particular nuisance to the
organist who, in winter, wore multiple layers and fingerless gloves to
practice).