[Magdalen] Coronation Anthem.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 9 17:47:17 UTC 2015

With the proper resources, I would think of Zadok the Priest as a great anthem for Christ the King or Church Dedication. I would think of the alleluia by itself as a possible response to the Baptisms, such as the return of the catechumens, now neophytes in their white garments at the Easter Vigil in a parish that has a large RCIA or as the conclusion of the entire Rite of Initiation where RC's might have a few newly baptized; but many newly received or confirmed/christmated. I also think a great occasion for the alleluia would have been immediately after the seating of the new presiding bishop and the presentation of the staff by Kathryn to Michael.  That would work in any occasion where a retiring hierarch presents the staff to her/his successor such as when the late Cardinal George presented it to Archbishop Cupich.

Joe