[Magdalen] Duncan to retire

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 19:01:09 UTC 2015

In a message dated 11/10/2015 1:07:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:

As we  age, I have read, we become more and more like  ourselves.>>>>>>>

Or our parents.

I look like my mother with a full beard.

And on the subject of mothers, mine was the family matriarch.  As  she
got into extreme old age (she died at 98), her many opinions tended  to
come out unmodified and softened by other points of view.  Her  opinions
were the whole story and nothing else counted.  Luckily, such was  her
standing and affection within the family that her strong, often wrong
opinions were ignored, and her remaining endearing qualities  remembered.

That we all could have families like that.

David Strang.