[Magdalen] Duncan to retire

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 11 17:24:23 UTC 2015

On 11/11/2015 17:06, Jim Guthrie wrote:
>> I am with you, Jim, further left and continuing that way both
>> politically
>> and theologically.
>
> I dunno. Like Hillary, I'm still a Goldwater Conservative -- except
> everyone else has moved far to the right, including the left. . .
> leaving me seeming to be way on the left these days.

Similar movements have taken place this side of the pond as well. Labour
under Tony Blair was somewhere near the One Nation Conservatism of
Edward Heath before Maggie Thatcher yanked them to the right.  Jeremy
Corbyn is described as extreme Left but actually voices opinions many
agree with.  We will see if he grows into his new role and how the
Labour Party shapes up over the coming years - and who is elected to
succeed David Cameron as Conservative Leader if he does step down before
the Election in 2020.

Roger