[Magdalen] Dress Blues.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 10:14:46 UTC 2015

I have a chocolate chip cap with the brim that goes all the way around,
which i wore all the time while in Desert Storm, and I put that on for
special days.  I realized in the evening of the eleventh that I had
completely forgotten it.

I just can't get into blowing my horn that much.  However, when I see
someone with a cap that announces their pedigree, I try to thank them.  I
best recollection was one Saturday morning, getting coffee on the way to a
rehearsal, I saw a guy with USS Arizona on his cap.  It turned out he was
manning the guns, and had been transferred off just prior to Dec. 7th.

I thanked him for his service.  He gave a big grin. "Didn't have much
choice!" he said.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford