[Magdalen] Right now: Paris.

thedonboyd at austin.rr.com thedonboyd at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 17 16:31:42 UTC 2015

Jay, thanks for coming to my (no doubt undeserved) defense.

Jim's rebuke is merited, and I offer herewith my apology for the post that evoked it.  I still think him mistaken in asserting that I did not "read (understand) what was written," inasmuch as I did read and believe that I well understood what was written--though not necessarily what was intended.  Let me never fall into the error of assuming that those who disagree with or disapprove of what I say must not have understood me.  I am sometimes wrong.  So are those who disagree or disapprove.

As one who has plead for civility from my earliest days on TOL and who fled that forum because of what I perceived as an overabundance of unwarranted acrimony, I am embarrassed by my lapse.

In my present situation I myself should probably shut up.  We'll see whether I can bear to do that.