[Magdalen] Don

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 23:48:10 UTC 2015

Lynn,

I too assumed the very same things that you assumed, based on the same
reasoning.  I cannot actually imagine how anyone could seriously interpret
the post in any other manner than the manner in which you assume that it
was meant.

I am baffled as to why you felt it was needed to state that, but I just
thought (since nobody is reading and understanding what I write, but just
goes ahead and lets fly anyway) that I would affirm that I agree completely
with what you wrote even if I'm at sea as to why you felt the need to say
it in the first place. What I wrote had nothing to do with that.

The writer suggested that someone ought not to "shut up."
I simply observed that it was -- well, let's just repeat exactly what I
wrote.

It is certainly an unfortunate choice of words to tell anyone to shut up,
not to mention telling to "shut the front door."

I was told by another person on this list to "shut the f--k up."  In
popular parlance the forbidden phrase is now expressed as "shut the front
door."

I think the origin of the insult has apologized, and I consider the matter
closed.  If you wish to pursue this any further, kindly email me privately.
I see no reason to clutter the bandwidth....

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford