[Magdalen] Prospers for C.S. Lewis

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 12:04:25 UTC 2015

I am not Sibyl, but Holy Men, Holy Women, p 697 offers:

Clive Staples Lewis Apologist and Spiritual Writer, 1963

i O God of searing truth and surpassing beauty, we give thee thanks for
Clive Staples Lewis, whose sanctified imagination lighteth fires of faith
in young and old alike. Surprise us also with thy joy and draw us into that
new and abundant life which is ours in Christ Jesus, who liveth and
reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

ii O God of searing truth and surpassing beauty, we give you thanks for
Clive Staples Lewis, whose sanctified imagination lights fires of faith in
young and old alike. Surprise us also with your joy and draw us into that
new and abundant life which is ours in Christ Jesus, who lives and reigns
with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Psalm 139:1–9

Lessons: Proverbs 23:15–18, 1 Peter 1:3–9, John 16:7–15

Ginga