[Magdalen] "Failing" parishes--Canada vs. USA

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 14:37:20 UTC 2015

Clarissa's prayer request led me to wonder about the varying position of
TEC vs. the Anglican Church in Canada regarding what are considered
"failing" parishes. Marion's recent experience, too, has made me wonder. I
realize it varies from diocese to diocese, but ISTM that the Canadian
church, at least in these instances, is behaving far more like the RCC in
abruptly closing these churches or pretty much setting them up to fail (in
the case of Marion's) rather than encouraging them along or "yoking" them.

Am I seeing things correctly, or is this a misperception?