[Magdalen] And so it begins...

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Fri Nov 27 14:39:31 UTC 2015

Well, you just didn't visit at the right time!   :-(    Pumpkins don't get
ripe until the very end of the season, and then they usually need to cure
for a few weeks. Which is maybe why they're popular at Halloween.

Pumpkin pie indeed does have added spices - in fact, one can buy pumpkin pie
spice in the grocery store. It's usually a combination of cinnamon, ginger
and cloves. At least, that's what I put in to the pumpkin pie I made for
Thanksgiving yesterday. From my own long pie pumpkins, of course.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com