[Magdalen] Cranberry Time.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Nov 27 20:26:43 UTC 2015

The cranberry relish included in our Bob Evans Restaurant "Family  Feast"
yesterday (and today, and probably tomorrow, too) is the best part of  the
meal.  Their recipe seems to include some orange, and other  undefined
additives.

There has been heavy television advertising for cranberries,  especially
the ones with the old duffer (description by another old duffer) and  young
man in the flooded cranberry bog, and sponsored by Ocean Spray
Brand.

This gives the impression that the most important cranberry harvest  is
along the Atlantic Coast.  This is a misconception, since more  than
half the USA harvest is from the bogs along the Wisconsin River
Outwash Plains in Central Wisconsin.  In fact Wisconsin produces  more
cranberries than the rest of the USA put together.

The biggest producer company is by far the Northland Company, which
does have some bogs out of Wisconsin, including in Massachusetts.

So look for Northland Brand Cranberries.  I found them here at  one
of our supermarkets.

Move over Ocean Spray.

David Strang.