[Magdalen] Bostonian Steeples.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 21:42:29 UTC 2015

Old West (now Methodist, but previously Unitarian) had a spire, but the
British blew it up. It stands on a rise and was visible from the Cambridge
side of the Charles and the British feared it would be used for signaling
(like Old North).

King's Chapel (once Anglican, now Unitarian) never got a spire. One was
designed and drafted, but building it was beyond the local carpenters'
skills.

The most interesting to me is First Church on Marlborough St. A big stone
edifice, it burned in 1968. A new church was built, incorporating the
remains of the old tower.
firstchurchboston.com