[Magdalen] in case you missed it

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 14:16:55 UTC 2015

I guess I've known since college days that Joe Hill was real. Not sure
where I learned it, maybe during the 1966 anti-war demonstrations at
UW-Madison. Some of the people leading those demonstrations were incredibly
well-versed in their history, not only of the US and southeast Asia, but of
all sorts of previous movements in the US and western Europe, including the
labor movement. There was a lot of teaching done and I probably learned
about Joe Hill, as well as Mother Jones, back then.