[Magdalen] Cranberry Time.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 21:09:47 UTC 2015

Not at all, if they're processed thoroughly in the food processor (or
ground up in the meat grinder, as my mother used to do) along with oranges
(one with peel, one without...but seedless), jalapeños, green onions, and
various condiments. I used Swerve (xylitol) instead of sugar, and realized
at the last minute that I'd forgotten to buy cilantro, but it's good anyway.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Marion Thompson <marionwhitevale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Surely uncooked cranberries would be downright unpleasant to eat?
>
> Marion, a pilgrim
>

> On 11/30/2015 2:33 PM, Ann Markle wrote:
>
>> Mine uses orange, crushed pineapple, (sugar-free) lemon Jello, chopped
>> celery and walnuts.  Yum, yum, slurp, slurp.  Will finish up a big dish
>> full tomorrow or the next day.  Love the texture and mouth-feel, as well
>> as
>> the taste.  I sweetened the cranberries with splenda, using only about
>> half
>> what the recipe called for (because I knew the Jello and pineapple
>> (including juice) would also be sweet.  No cooking at all, except to heat
>> orange juice to boiling to dissolve the Jello.
>>
>> Ann
>>
>> The Rev. Ann Markle
>> Buffalo, NY
>> ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
>> blog:  www.onewildandpreciouslife.typepad.com
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
>> magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
>>
>> The cranberry relish included in our Bob Evans Restaurant "Family  Feast"
>>> yesterday (and today, and probably tomorrow, too) is the best part of
>>> the
>>> meal.  Their recipe seems to include some orange, and other  undefined